Meeting of members of RUEF 2013
Date: 17 dec 2013 - 19 dec 2013
Event type: Conference
The next General Meeting of the members of the Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs will be hosted by ExpoForum International in St Petersburg from 17–19 December 2013.
The meeting will take place at the Lenexpo Exhibition Complex, which hosts around 60 exhibitions and 450 conventions every year, as well as more than 40 other functions, including political congresses, corporate functions, shows, and sporting events. Each year, around 10,000 exhibitors from 65 countries display their products at the complex, which has an annual footfall of around 1 million.
The Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs (RUEF) brings together the leading Russian exhibition organisers, owners of exhibition complexes, and associated companies.
Founded in 1991, the Union has been a member of the UFI – the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry – since 1994.
RUEF IN NUMBERS:
- 1,100 exhibitions/fairs in 47 cities
- 140,000 participants from 120 countries
- Net exhibition space of 2 million m²
- 94 members, including 87 full members and 7 associated members
- 69 organisers; 20 assistant organisers; 5 exhibition venue owners that do not organise exhibitions
Main activities of the RUEF:
- Assists Russian businesses in promoting goods and services in domestic and foreign markets
- Coordinates exhibition and fair activities (EFA)
- Supports legislative initiatives in the EFA field
- Conducts audits of exhibition events
- Maintains international connections
- Holds training seminars
Representatives of the Union are members of the Interdepartmental Commission for Exhibition and Fair Activities of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, the Expert Board on Exhibition and Fair Activities of the State Duma Committee for Economic Policy and Entrepreneurship, the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (RF CCI), and the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP). Union representatives are core committee members of the RF CCI and RSPP, while the Union's President is also head of the RSPP Committee on Exhibition Activities.