ExpoForum International is one of the leading companies on the Russian conventions and exhibitions market. Today the company’s portfolio includes more than 40 own projects in different industries, which are included among the top events in their respective fields: St. Petersburg International Gas Forum, Russian International Energy Forum, AgroRus International Agrobusiness Exhibition and Fair, SmartTransport International Innovative Forum of Passenger Transport, International Forum Russian Industrialist and many others.
The company manages Expoforum Convention and Exhibition Center. Venue annualy hosted 200 events of different formats, attended by more than 1,4 million people.
The brand that showcases ExpoForum in the global meeting industry is the Super E sign, which repeats the shape of the building itself. The three exhibition pavilions and the Congress Center form the four parallel elements of the Super E sign.
EXPOFORUM’s slogan, “Experience Momentum”, embodies the idea that the project will enable all of the main players in the events industry to fulfil their potential: organisers will be able to develop their businesses and exhibitions, the city’s residents will have the opportunity to attend business and entertainment events, and there will be a boost for business tourism, securing a significant share of the global events market for St Petersburg’s economy.
On 18 January 2008, ExpoForum construction company was created for the purposes of implementing the project envisioning construction of the new EXPOFORUM Convention and Exhibition Centre in St. Petersburg. The project was implemented within the scope of the agreement on cooperation and collaboration, signed on 9 February 2007 between the St. Petersburg City Government and Gazprom Group.
On 1 November 2011, ExpoForum acquired the entire Lenexpo OJSC exhibition portfolio, becoming the largest St. Petersburg-based exhibition organiser and the official operator of the Lenexpo Exhibition Complex. Following the restructuring of ExpoForum’s business operations in October 2013, the organisation of convention-and-exhibition events and management of related venues passed to ExpoForum International. Construction activities are currently handled by ExpoForum.
ExpoForum is the developer behind construction of the EXPOFORUM Convention and Exhibition Centre. Working on the project is the company’s team of top-flight specialists – construction engineers and designers, who are able to draw on their in-depth experience building complex facilities at various locations throughout Russia.
In December 2014, in connection with a move to align the company’s Charter with the provisions of RF Federal Law № 99-FZ dated 05.05.2014 “On the Addition of Amendments to Chapter 4, Part One of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation and Declaration of the Expiration of Certain Provisions of the Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation,” Joint-Stock Company ExpoForum changed some of its corporate details, including a switch to the company’s new trade name – Joint-Stock Company ExpoForum (ExpoForum JSC).
The company is actively involved in the ongoing evolution of St. Petersburg, lending support to government programmes targeting the city’s economic and cultural development. For instance, the company’s efforts resulted in the design of transportation infrastructure at a site spanning some 500 ha located adjacent to the future convention and exhibition centre.
In addition, ExpoForum was proud to be one of the founders of a Charitable Foundation for the Restoration of Christian Cultural Landmarks, which is actively involved in the restoration of a Russian Orthodox church, built according to a design by the famed Italian architect Giacomo Quarenghi, which was ultimately destroyed during the Great Patriotic (Second World) War. The foundation’s second project – restoration of the Pulkovo Meridian at the Central Astronomical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences – has already concluded. The ribbon-cutting ceremony for the newly-restored historical and cultural heritage site, also destroyed during the aforementioned war years, took place on 16 August 2013.
A major organizer of exhibitions and conventions, operator of the ExpoForum Convention and Exhibition Centre. Every year the venue hosts more than 1 million visitors and 200 events in various formats: congresses and exhibitions, forums and conventions, multimedia and interactive expositions, shows, corporate and sports events.
ExpoForum has ample infrastructure for organizing and holding events of any format at the highest level, provides services in construction and design of stands, logistic and tourist support, catering services. World-class hotels are located in the ExpoForum territory.
The Convention and Exhibition Centre is used as a site for filming movies, TV series, advertising and music videos.
The company’s own event portfolio includes more than 30 projects featuring leaders in the rating of specialized events: St. Petersburg International Gas Forum, the Russian International Energy Forum, the Russian Industrialist International Forum-Exhibition, the NEVA International Maritime Exhibition and Conference for Commercial Shipping, Shipbuilding, Offshore Energy, Ports, Inland Waterways and Oceanography, the St. Petersburg International Health Forum, the Ecology of Big City International Forum, the Agrorus International Agro-Industrial Exhibition, the Hipposphere International Equestrian Exhibition, and others.
ExpoForum International is successfully organizing Russian expositions and business programs at specialized foreign exhibitions and world forums, including EXPO 2012 (Korea), IMEX (Germany), Manufacturing Indonesia (Indonesia, 2012), International Industrial Exhibition “INNOPROM. Central Asia – 2023” (Uzbekistan). The company has also acted as an operator of such significant events as the SportAccord International Convention and the Russia–ASEAN Business Forum (2012), the summer meeting of the ICCA Central Europe Chapter (2013), the Open Seminar of the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI; 2014), the Ice Hockey World Championship in St. Petersburg (2016), the Real Estate Management in Corporations (REMIC) International Conference.
ExpoForum Convention and Exhibition Centre hosts the largest international events: St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (annually), St. Petersburg International Legal Forum (since 2022), Russia–Africa Summit (2023), BRICS+ International Municipal Forum (annually), Junwex Petersburg International Jewelry Exhibition (annually), Vredenov Conference (annually), 137th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (2017), VEEAM Conference (2018), 85th UFI Congress (2018), UNWTO General Assembly (2019), “Arctic: Territory of Dialogue” International Forum, JOKER International Conference (2017–2019), Russian National Congress of Cardiology (2021).
ExpoForum International cooperates with the world’s leading exhibition organizers, as well as with Russian exhibition business leaders: Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs, Roscongress Foundation, MVK, VO RESTEC, FAREXPO, Kino Expo, KVK Imperia.
Company projects are supported at the highest level: by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation, Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, Russian Export Centre, Government of St. Petersburg, Government of the Leningrad Region, National Congress Bureau, Convention and Exhibition Bureau of St. Petersburg.
The quality of work is confirmed by membership in prestigious Russian and international associations: International MICE Industry Consortium, International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA), International Association of Convention Centres (AIPC), National Association of Event Organizers, Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RUIE), Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- 2023 – WINNER OF CATEGORIES OF THE 10th ALL-RUSSIAN TOP-COMM 2023 RATING:
- TOP 20 best corporate communications and corporate relations departments in Russia (8th place)
- TOP 20 best organizations in corporate communications and corporate relations in Russia (17th place)
- TOP 50 best directors and corporate communications and corporate relations departments in Russia (8th place)
- 2023 – 2nd EVENT POSTER CONTEST WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE 12th EURASIAN EVENT FORUM (EFEA). SECOND PLACE FOR THE DESIGN LAYOUT OF THE INTERNATIONAL FORUM-EXHIBITION “RUSSIAN INDUSTRIALIST 2022” DEVELOPED BY THE DESIGN GROUP OF EXPOFORUM INTERNATIONAL
- 2022 – INTERNATIONAL ANNUAL AWARD OF EVENT INDUSTRY LEADERS WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE EURASIAN EVENT FORUM (EFEA). WINNER IN THE CATEGORY “ORGANIZER OF THE YEAR. REGIONAL LEVEL”
- 2021 – INTERNATIONAL ANNUAL AWARD OF EVENT INDUSTRY LEADERS WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE EURASIAN EVENT FORUM (EFEA). WINNER IN THE CATEGORY “ORGANIZER OF THE YEAR. REGIONAL LEVEL”
- 2019 – INTERNATIONAL ANNUAL AWARD OF EVENT INDUSTRY LEADERS WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE EURASIAN EVENT FORUM (EFEA). WINNER IN THE REGIONAL CATEGORY “ORGANIZER OF THE YEAR”
- 2018 – 22nd INTERNATIONAL POSTER COMPETITION ORGANIZED BY THE GLOBAL ASSOCIATION OF THE EXHIBITION INDUSTRY (UFI) IN COOPERATION WITH THE INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF THE CITY OF PLOVDIV (BULGARIA). VICTORY OF EXPOFORUM INTERNATIONAL’S DESIGN TEAM
SERGEY VORONKOV – CEO OF EXPOFORUM INTERNATIONAL
- 2023 – WINNER IN THE CATEGORY “FOR VISION OF THE FUTURE” OF THE AWARD “FACES. GOLDEN FUND OF ST. PETERSBURG” ORGANIZED BY DELOVOY PETERBURG NEWSPAPER
- 2023 – COMMEMORATIVE MEDAL “25th ANNIVERSARY ST. PETERSBURG INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC FORUM” SIGNED BY ANDREY BELOUSOV, FIRST DEPUTY CHAIRMAN OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION AND CHAIRMAN OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE FOR THE PREPARATION AND HOLDING OF THE FORUM
- 2022 – WINNER OF THE “100 BEST TOP MANAGERS OF ST. PETERSBURG” RATING ACCORDING TO DELOVOY PETERBURG NEWSPAPER
- 2022 – WINNER OF THE “MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE IN MICE" RATING
- 2022 – WINNER OF THE GOLDEN FUND OF ST. PETERSBURG AWARD IN THE CATEGORY “FOR THE BUSINESS IMAGE OF ST. PETERSBURG”
- 2021 – WINNER OF THE RUSSIAN BUSINESS TRAVEL & MICE AWARD IN THE CATEGORY “FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF CONVENTION SERVICES IN RUSSIA”
- 2021 – COMMEMORATIVE MEDAL OF THE FEDERAL SERVICE OF THE NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
- 2020 – HONORARY DIPLOMA OF THE GOVERNOR OF ST. PETERSBURG
- 2020 – COMMENDATION OF THE COMMITTEE FOR INDUSTRIAL POLICY, INNOVATIONS AND TRADE OF ST. PETERSBURG
- 2018 – COMMENDATION OF THE MINISTRY OF ENERGY OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
- 2018 – NOMINEE OF THE “TOP MANAGERS OF THE YEAR” RATING IN THE COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE CATEGORY
- 2018 – MEMBER OF THE EXPERT COUNCIL OF THE RBC PETERSBURG AWARD
- 2018 – ENTERED TOP 30 MOST QUOTED EXECUTIVES IN ST. PETERSBURG ACCORDING TO KOMMERSANT NEWSPAPER
- 2018 – WINNER OF THE ST. PETERSBURG “BOSS OF THE YEAR” AWARD IN THE “BOSS BREAKTHROUGH” CATEGORY
- 2016 – 3rd PLACE IN THE “TOP MANAGERS OF THE YEAR” RATING IN THE COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE CATEGORY ACCORDING TO KOMMERSANT NEWSPAPER
- 2016 – FINALIST OF THE RBC PETERSBURG AWARD IN THE “MANAGER OF THE YEAR” CATEGORY
- 2016 – WINNER OF THE EXPERT OF THE YEAR AWARD IN THE CATEGORY “EXPERT IN STRATEGIC PLANNING” ACCORDING TO EXPERT NORTH-WEST MAGAZINE
- 2016 – ENTERED THE “100 BEST TOP MANAGERS OF ST. PETERSBURG” RATING ACCORDING TO DELOVOY PETERBURG NEWSPAPER
- 2015 – WINNER OF THE ANNUAL AWARD “TOP 50. THE MOST FAMOUS PEOPLE OF ST. PETERSBURG-2015” IN THE “BUSINESS PROJECTS” CATEGORY
- 2015 – MEDAL OF THE MINISTRY OF DEFENSE OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
- 2014 – COMMENDATION OF THE GOVERNOR OF ST. PETERSBURG
EXPOFORUM CONVENTION AND EXHIBITION CENTRE
- 2021 – GLOBAL EVENTEX AWARDS. BRONZE WINNER IN THE “LARGE VENUE” CATEGORY
- 2021 – RUSSIAN BUSINESS TRAVEL & MICE AWARD
WINNER IN THE CATEGORY “THE MOST INNOVATIVE REGIONAL CONVENTION AND EXHIBITION CENTRE”
- 2021 – RUSSIAN BUSINESS TRAVEL & MICE AWARD
WINNER IN THE CATEGORY “BEST CONVENTION, EXHIBITION AND BUSINESS CENTRE IN RUSSIA”
- 2021 – RATING OF ST. PETERSBURG BRANDS ACCORDING TO DELOVOY PETERBURG NEWSPAPER. TOP 25 BRANDS OF ST. PETERSBURG
- 2021 – GLOBAL EVENTEX AWARDS
SILVER WINNER IN THE CATEGORY “VENUE OF PEOPLE’S CHOICE”. BRONZE LAUREATE IN THE CATEGORY “LARGE VENUE”
- 2020 – RATING OF ST. PETERSBURG BRANDS ACCORDING TO DELOVOY PETERBURG NEWSPAPER. TOP 10 BRANDS OF ST. PETERSBURG
- 2019 – RUSSIAN BUSINESS TRAVEL & MICE AWARD
NOMINEE IN THE CATEGORY “BEST CONVENTION, EXHIBITION AND BUSINESS CENTRE IN RUSSIA”
- 2019–2018 – INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION NEWS AWARDS
NOMINEE IN THE “BEST INTERNATIONAL VENUE” CATEGORY
- 2018 – RUSSIAN BUSINESS TRAVEL & MICE AWARD
WINNER IN THE CATEGORY “BEST CONVENTION, EXHIBITION AND BUSINESS CENTRE IN RUSSIA”
- 2018 – EXPOFORUM IS A “GOOD PLACE” ACCORDING TO YANDEX
- 2018 – PROESTATE & CRE FEDERAL AWARDS
WINNER IN THE “MULTI-FUNCTIONAL REAL ESTATE” CATEGORY
- 2018 – INTERNATIONAL AWARD “BUILDING OF THE YEAR”. NOMINEE IN THE “CULTURAL ARCHITECTURE” CATEGORY
- 2017 – TOP 25 VENUES IN THE WORLD TO VISIT IN 2018 ACCORDING TO EVENTMB