Anniversary of TRANSTEC held in a “hybrid” format
The first organisers of the forum suggested running the “hybrid” format, which allowed participants to choose full-time, or a given variant of participation, that provided the widest coverage of the auditorium. The CEC “Expoforum” in St. Petersburg and Analysis Centre in front of the RF Government in Moscow, became the full-time areas for holding the Forum.
In the event around 600 delegates decided to participate, representing 499 companies from 36 regions of Russia – from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok. Foreign speakers and delegates from 38 countries of the world participated in an online mode with video-streaming and simultaneous translation, as dictated by the realities of 2020.
The program of TRANSTEC 2020 included plenary discussions, round tables and expert sessions, in which more than 120 speakers participated, including people from foreign countries: Germany, India, Iran, China, Singapore, Denmark and The Netherlands. Three large sectoral events were carried out within the framework of the forum: V annual forum “Infrastructure of ports: new construction, reconstruction and modernisation”, VIII conference “Technics and technology for ports and freight terminals” and V Euro-Aziatic conference on logistic committee RUIE (Russin Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs) on international cooperation.
Performances and discussions dedicated to more topical themes have increased:
- Development of international transport corridors and the transit potential of Russia;
- Use of mechanisms of state-private partnership for the realisation of the transport project;
- Financing the infrastructure of the project;
- Problems of the provision of economic and transport connections to the East of Russia;
- Network of independent companies transport-logistical complex in international path Asia-Europe;
- Creation of one normative base for all participants of the transport market.
The long-held tradition of official support of the forum was rendered by the Ministry of Transport RF and Government of St. Petersburg.